Visit The Metropolitan Museum of ArtThe Location of The Met
1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street
New York, New York 10028-0198
Directions to The Met
- Take the 4,5,6 to 86th St. and walk three blocks west to 5th Ave.
- Take the M1,M2,M3,M4 up 5th Ave. to 82nd St.
- General Information: 212-535-7710
- TTY: 212-570-3828 or 212-650-2551
$15 recommended donation for adults, $10 recommended donation for senior citizens, $10 recommended for students. Admission includes entrance to Main Building and The Cloisters on the same day. Admission is free for Members and children under the age of 12 accompanied by an adult.
The Met Hours*
- Friday: 9:30 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:30 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Monday: Closed**
- Tuesday: 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Closed Mondays (except as listed below), January 1, Thanksgiving Day, December 25
**The Main Building of the Metropolitan Museum -- its galleries, restaurants, and shops —- will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Met Holiday Mondays.
Learn more about the history of The Metropolitan Museum of Art