Manhattan’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) houses one of the world’s most prestigious modern and contemporary art collections. In 2004, after decades of expansion and renovation, the museum opened an extensive new facility on the original Midtown site. With elegantly displayed works by artists such as Picasso, Van Gogh and Warhol and an active schedule of exhibitions, films, and educational programs, the MoMA continues to attract modern art enthusiasts as well as curious visitors seeking an edgy cultural experience.
Location and Contact Information
MoMA is located at 11 West 53rd Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues.
Contact the MoMA at 212-708-9400.
Directions to MoMA
- Subway: E or V to Fifth Avenue/53 Street; B, D, or F to 47-50 Streets/Rockefeller Center
- Bus: M1, 2, 3, 4, 5 to 53 Street
- Saturday 10:30AM – 5:30PM
- Sunday 10:30AM – 5:30PM
- Monday 10:30AM – 5:30PM
- Tuesday closed
- Wednesday 10:30AM – 5:30PM
- Thursday 10:30AM – 5:30PM
- Friday 10:30AM – 8:00PM
The MoMA is closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Adults -- $20
- Seniors (65 and over with ID) -- $16
- Students (full-time with current ID) -- $12
- Children (sixteen and under) -- Free, but this policy does not apply to children in groups.
- Members – Free
To save a few bucks, visit MoMA on Friday evenings between 4:00-8:00PM when admission is free. What’s the occasion? Target Free Friday Nights, sponsored by the wonderstore itself. Tickets for Target Free Friday Nights are not available in advance.Read our in-depth guide to what to see at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA).