Things to Know
By Elissa Garay
- Free and Cheap New York
- New York City Shopping
- New York City History and Landmarks
- Getting Around New York City
Free and Cheap New York
Life in New York City ain't cheap. In this economy, we're all looking for ways to save money while maintaining a fabulous Manhattan lifestyle (i.e. roof over head, plentiful cocktails). We've got tips on where to find discount shopping deals, how to find the best free and cheap New York City events, and more.
- Jack's 99 Cent Store
- Cheap Meals During New York Restaurant Week
- Century 21 Discount Department Store
- NYC Flea Market Guide
- Woodbury Common Outlets
- Free Wifi in New York City
- Free Summer Movies in Bryant Park
- Free Shakespeare in Central Park
- Free Summer Events at River to River Festival
- Free Summer Concerts from Today Show and Good Morning America
- Free Central Park SummerStage Concerts
- Free Dance Classes at Midsummer Night Swing
New York City Shopping
Your guide to finding the best shopping bargains in New York City.
New York City History and Landmarks
Learn more about Manhattan's rich history. From Indian territory to New Amsterdam to Manhattan island. Get the real story on Manhattan landmarks you thought you knew -- from Ellis Island to the Empire State Building and beyond.
Getting Around New York City
Getting around Manhattan efficiently is both an art and science. Learn the subways from A-Z and 1-9. Buses and taxis and bicycles, oh my. Share tips and horror stories with your fellow commuters -- and find out how to avoid that flasher on the Number 2 train.