You don't have to spend election night at home biting your nails as you wait for those returns to slowly filter in. You might as well have a little fun while you wait to see who is going to run this country for the next four years.
Here are our top picks for presidential election night parties in New York City:
- Election Night Hurricane Sandy Benefit -- Watch the election results in the enclosed Penthouse Lounge at 230 Fifth. Admission is free and the party will include a complimentary buffet from 7-8pm. Drink up from the red, white and blue drink specials as 50% of proceeds will go to the Red Cross for hurricane relief efforts in New York and New Jersey.
- 2012 Election Night on the Square -- Join NYU's John Brademas Center for the Study of Congress for a night of election night coverage, live entertainment, music, food, and fun. You can also win door prizes including a free Crunch membership and gift cards.
- Election Night Party at Housing Works Bookstore Cafe -- Reduce your election night anxiety with cold beer, drinks specials, comfort food (homemade chili), and good company at the Housing Works Bookstore Cafe.
- Election Night Party at BOOM -- Head to BOOM in Soho for dinner, drinks, live DJ music, and election returns. All parties are welcome.
- New York Young Republicans Election Night Party -- Romney supporters will be gathering to await election returns in the Grand Central Ballroom at the Westin Grand Central. RSVP is required.
- Drinking Liberally Election Night Party -- Join latte-sipping liberals at this uptown bash at Creole on 118th Street. Sip Obama-Tinis and dine on voodoo wings and coconut shrimp. Music will be provided by funk band Pure Volume.
- Election Night with the Upright Citizens Brigade -- Watch the election results with color commentary from comedians Anthony Altamanuik and Ryan Karels at Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in the East Village.
- Election Night at Galapagos Art Space -- Drink election cocktails and view the live results on the jumbo screen at Galapagos Art Space in DUMBO. Galapagos was flooded on Tuesday morning, but is already open for business again with all subway lines to the space restored. Admission is free. Call 718-222-8500 to reserve a table.
Have you heard about other hot election night parties? Tell me about it
and we'll add it to our listings.