Get more information about can't-miss events in New York City this May.
- May 2013 Street Fairs and Festivals Calendar -- Get the details on outdoor street fairs and festivals in New York City this May.
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in New York City -- Honor the Battle of Puebla, a great day in Mexican history, with great Mexican food and margaritas.
- Revlon Run/Walk for Women in New York City -- Join 40,000 women and the people who love them for a run/walk in Central Park to help raise money for the research and treatment of cancer.
- New York City Five Boro Bike Tour -- See the five boroughs in style on this annual bike tour of New York City. The Five Boro Bike Tour kicks off a month of events for Bike Month NYC.
- Mother's Day in New York City -- Find great ideas for things to do with dear old Mom on Mother's Day in New York City.
- Chidren's Book Week -- It's Children's Book Week in New York and kids and parents can enjoy a full schedule of fun events.
- Bike to Work Day in New York City -- Change up your morning commute and bike to work with hundreds of other New Yorkers on May 17, 2013.
- Taste of Tribeca -- Sample delicacies from Tribeca's most gifted chefs. Your $50 ticket ($45 in advance) buys you six scrumptious tastes from restaurants including Bouley, Nobu, Tribeca Grill and 50+ others.
- New York City Dance Parade 2013 -- Shake your moneymaker down old Broadway. The Dance Parade will hoof it to Tompkins Square Park and then transform into DanceFest, a four-hour free festival with dance performances, dance lessons, and a DJ party. Check out our photos of the New York City Dance Parade.
- Taste of the Upper West Side -- You can also enjoy the best food uptown at New Taste of the Upper West Side. The main event is on Saturday, June 1 under a grand tent on Columbus Avenue between 76th and 77th Streets. Your ticket price of $135 (or $250 for 2) gets you unlimited samples from more than 40 top chefs. On Friday night, you can sample top chefs' takes on comfort food at the same location ($105 per person).
- Join AIDS Walk New York -- Walk to raise money for AIDS charities in the world's largest AIDS fundraising event.
- It's My Park Day! -- Team up with other New Yorkers to help beautify our NYC parks for summer. Events are taking place in parks across the five boroughs.
- Drums Along the Hudson -- Celebrate the spirit of the drum and the culture of the Native American people in Inwood Park on Saturday. The open-air powwow will feature world dance and drumming performances, international foods and Native American arts and crafts.
- Memorial Day Weekend in New York City -- Enjoy Memorial Day weekend in New York City.
Read about great NYC events in April
and all year long