Attend an Oscar Party in New York
Attend a local Oscar party and mock the Oscar fashions, the speeches, and the montages with other NYC film fans. See if Seth MacFarlane can hack it as Oscar host and pray for an entertaining Oscar night controversy.
- Murray Hill Oscar Party -- As always, Mr. Murray Hill is hosting a full night of Oscar celebration, commentary, and dish (including a best-and-worst-dressed contest) at Joe's Pub (425 Lafayette Street between East 4th Street and Astor Place). Tickets are $25.
- Oscar Night 1929 at KTCHN -- Relive the glamor of the very first Academy Awards gala in 1929. KTCHN is hosing a retro Oscar party complete with a menu inspired by what was served in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, an Oscar forecasting contest with prizes, candy Oscar statues, champagne, a live DJ, and more. No need to buy tickets, just reserve a table in advance.
- Alt.Oscars Occupy Red Carpet -- Dress up as your favorite film character or pop culture icon and walk the red carpet at the Alt.Oscars, an all-night Oscar Party with award viewing, dancing, food, drink, and competitions for the much coveted Alty Awards. Tickets are $5 in advance, $10 at the door.
- SideBar Oscar Party -- Stop by Side Bar on East 15th Street on Oscar night and participate in a serious Oscar ballot competition. Admission is $10 per person ($50 with optional 2-hour open bar).
- Southern Hospitality Oscar Party -- Both the Upper East Side and Hell's Kitchen locations of Southern Hospitality are hosting Oscar bashes with drink specials and opportunities to win cool prizes by demonstrating your Oscar prediction prowess.
See Oscar-nominated Films
How will you know who to root for if you haven't checked out all of the films and performances that have been nominated for Academy Awards this year? You can still catch most of the films nominated for the Academy Award or Best Picture in a New York City movie theater.