Get more information about can't-miss events in New York City this September (also see our monthly event listings for July
, and October
Check out our listings of FREE NYC events this September
- September Street Fairs and Festivals -- Enjoy the street fairs of New York this September. Check out our guide to where to find a street fair near you this weekend.
- Labor Day Weekend in New York City -- Hanging out in Manhattan over the three-day Labor Day weekend? Check out our NYC Labor Day weekend event listings for things to do and see.
- Remembering September 11 -- Mark the anniversary of September 11, 2001 at memorial events and concerts around Manhattan.
- New York Fashion Week -- Check out what the designers have in store for you for Spring 2013 at Fashion Week.
- Fashion's Night Out -- Stay up late on the first night of Fashion Week and enjoy an evening of sales, in-store celebrations, personal appearances by designers and celebrities, fashion shows, and more.
- San Gennaro Festival -- Attention cannoli lovers: Little Italy's Feast of San Gennaro runs from September 13-22, 2012. This outdoor festival is one of New York's oldest and most popular. Brave the crowds for live entertainment and lots of great food.
- African-American Day Parade --Don't miss the largest African-American parade in the country in Harlem.
- Broadway Week -- Get 2-for-1 tickets for the hottest Broadway shows from September 4-16, 2012.
- 20at20 Off Broadway Promotion -- Get $20 tickets to the best Off Broadway shows from September 4-23, 2012.
- Rosh Hashanah in New York -- Attend High Holiday services in New York City.
- Off Broadway Week -- After Broadway Week, it's time for Off-Broadway Week and 2-for-1 tickets to all of those Off-Broadway shows that you've been meaning to see.
- FAB! Festival and Block Party -- Celebrate the culture of the East Village and LES at this festival on Saturday, September 22, 2012. See performances on indoor and outdoor stages, get a preview of La Mama E.T.C.'s fall program, take classes in salsa dancing and singing, sample gourmet food from local vendors, and more.
- Yom Kippur in New York City -- Find Yom Kippur services to attend in New York City -- including free services, children's services, and more.
- Free Museum Day -- On Saturday, September 29, visit any of 40 top NYC museums for free. It's the annual Smithsonian Institution Museum Day. Simply sign up for a free admission card on the Smithsonian web site and present it for free admission to participating NYC institutions.