Founded in 1931 by Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, the Whitney Museum of American Art has been a New York institution for 75 years. The museum features works by artists including Hopper, de Kooning, Rothko, O'Keefe, and many others.
Location and Contact InformationThe Whitney Museum of American Art is located at 945 Madison Avenue at 74th Street.
Contact the Whitney by phone at 800-WHITNEY or 212-570-3676.
Directions to The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Subway -- 6 to 77th Street (walk two blocks west to Madison Avenue)
- Bus -- M1, M2, M3, M4 to 74th Street
Whitney Museum Hours
- MondayTuesday -- Closed
- WednesdayThursday -- 11AM-6PM
- Friday -- 1PM9PM (6PM9PM is pay-what-you-wish admission)
- SaturdaySunday -- 11AM6PM
Whitney Museum Admission
- Adults -- $15
- Senior citizens and students with valid ID -- $10.00
- Members, New York City public high school students with valid student ID, and children under 12 -- FREE
- Fridays from 6PM-9PM -- Pay-what-you-wish admission
Important Whitney Museum LinksBecome A Member of the Whitney Museum of American Art
Upcoming Exhibitions at the Whitney Museum of American Art
Whitney Family Programs